Complaint Review: LifeSmart Products

• Reported By: Jennifer — Decatur Georgia
LifeSmart Products
3401 Custer Rd., suite 127 Plano, Texas USA

LifeSmart Products Company does not repair/replace their products Plano Texas

I purchased one of this company's infared heaters through Groupon.  When it arrived and did not work, I followed the instructions in the manual that came with the unit to obtain service and support.

I called their 866 number, where I stayed on hold for 45 minutes, only to get disconnected.  I called again immediately, this time leaving a message as instructed, with all the information requested, expecting a call back within a couple busines days.

Four business days later, I called them again and held the line for 15 minutes this time before being disconnected.  I rang back again immediately, and actually got a person who was cordial, but unappologetic, and told me that since the unit never had worked...would not even turn on, I should just return it to Groupon for exchange or refund; that essentially their warrenty covers only "functional" parts; and since my unit never functioned, it was just defective and not eligible for warranty repair or replacement.

I should have known, the first page of their owners manual is information on how to obtain service and support! And the second step in obtaining help with one of their expensive, not working, products is for the me, the customer, to "be paitient, clear, and concise" when calling them!

Rude and condescending.

Groupon, on the other hand, APPOLOGIZED immediately when I called them...for just SELLING me an item that did not work.  They emailed me a return shipping label.

I'm glad Groupon stands behind the products they sell, even if the company that manufactures them does not.  LifeSmart should take some lessons in customer service from Groupon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2013 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LifeSmart-Products/Plano-Texas-75023/LifeSmart-Products-Company-does-not-repairreplace-their-products-Plano-Texas-1107701. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LifeSmart Products