Complaint Review: photopoint

• Updated: Mon, February 25, 2002

• Reported By:
photopoint
Nationwide U.S.A.

photopoint ripoffs ..Asking us to pay again!

*Consumer Comment: I'll pay the money!

I looked at the survey and filled it out. I am outraged that they have the nerve to ask me if I would pay again to get my pics back. They are feeding on our emotions to make more money. I paid $30.00 after their promise of keeping my pics safe. They kept them so safe that they now asking me to pay again to ever see them again. What is wrong with this picture? Makes me kind of wonder if this was the plan all along, gain our trust, then stick it to us. I'm trying not to use the word hostage since that's a touchy area with everything that's going on today, but that's the only way to describe this situation, they are holding our precious memories hostage.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/photopoint/nationwide/photopoint-ripoffs-Asking-us-to-pay-again-14793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on photopoint

I'll pay the money!

AUTHOR: Penny - ()

I would be very relieved to pay the small sum of
$30 to get my precious photos back. I also believe that I got my money's worth for how much I used Photopoint. It was a good site.

I don't understand why people would prefer to
complain non-stop, instead of realizing that a
company that is bankrupt has absolutely NO obligation, other than ethical, to assist people in getting their photos back.

I'm glad they may be offering a way to retrieve the photos. I also don't think $30 is unreasonable, considering it was the consumer's responsibility to have back-ups.

I'm willing to pay $30 for my mistake...