Complaint Review: Sirius XM Radio

• Reported By: Scott — New Braunfels Texas
Sirius XM Radio
1221 Ave. of the Americas New York, New York USA

Sirius XM Radio Misrepresentation of "Lifetime" subscription New York New York

I subscribed to XM radio under the "lifetime" plan. At the time I paid them $400 for the subscription, I was told that over the life of the plan I could transfer the services up to 3 times. There was absolutely nothing said about the only way I could  transfer was if the radio was stolen and it would transfer only to the new radio on the same vehicle and that I could not transfer it if I purchased a new vehicle later. I would NEVER have paid them $400 because I normally keep my vehicles 3 years or less. I am in the process of selling the original vehicle and called them to transfer the subscription to my new vehicle. That is when I was told that I could not transfer my subscription. Never was I told that "lifetime" actually meant only lifetime of the subscribed radio.  What the company wrote to the previous complaintant is a complete lie. I have regular monthly subscriptions on 2 other vehicles and will never subscribe to SiriusXM when they expire.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2013 07:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sirius-XM-Radio/New-York-New-York-10020/Sirius-XM-Radio-Misrepresentation-of-Lifetime-subscription-New-York-New-York-1049827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sirius XM Radio