Complaint Review: American Airlines

3200 E Airfield Dr
    Dallas, Texas
    United States of America

American Airlines Police Escort Dallas, Texas

I have never been treated as poorly as I was on my arrival to DFW airport. Upon arrival we were told that we needed to wait in line to receive our hotel and meal vouchers. While waiting in line for
over 3 hours, I tried to ask questions about the procedures and what needed to be done to expedite maters. I was told that I "had to wait in line."

The supervisor on duty refused to make eye contact with us while waiting. AA employees were sent home while more than 1000 people were still waiting in line. Only 3 ticket windows were open even though there were AA employees at other desks that were not seeing to customer needs. There was no communication at to purpose, status, or expected outcomes of waiting in line. WE were just told to "wait in line."

When I FINALLY reached the front of the line and tried to speak to the supervisor on duty, she informed me that there were no hotel vouchers and that meal vouchers were only available for locations in the airport. This was completely contradictory to what we had been told 3 hours earlier. When I questioned the AA employee about why AA declined to provide information and why we were lied to, she called a police officer over.

I was told to either leave the line or to lower my voice. I guess it was within policy for an AA employee to yell at me, but when I demanded that AA honor the statements that they made to me, I needed a police accompaniment so that AA did not need to honor their obligations.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2013 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-airlines/dallas-texas-75261/american-airlines-police-escort-dallas-texas-1044279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content