Complaint Review: Aqua Texas

762 W. Lancaster Ave
    Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
    USA

Aqua Texas RIPOFF Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania

Aqua Texas, oh how the name makes me cringe.  We bought a home in Mont Belvieu, TX in July 2011.  When having the utilities turned on, we were told that Aqua Texas owned the water lines and we had to go through them rather than the city.

Not long after moving in, we had issues.  Some evenings, the family would come in for showers/baths only to find that there was no water.  Other times, we would run a bath only to find pink or brown foam and debris floating in the water.  After numerous calls to both Aqua Tx and TCEQ, Aqua finally amped up their equipment and resolved the problem.  However, we were never offered a discount for any of the inconveniences.  Only excuses such as 'iron in the water'.

This month, I received a bill for $114.87, quite a jump from our normal $70.00 bill.  I pulled my previous statements and found that they increased the following:

Water Base Facility Charge: $0.0016/gal to $0.0037/gal

Sewer Base Facility Charge: $35.00 to $61.36

Regulatory Assessment Fee: $.72 to $1.13

I would advise anyone looking for a new home to buy to inquire about the water company.  If it is Aqua Tx, I would run fast!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2013 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aqua-texas/bryn-mawr-pennsylvania-19010/aqua-texas-ripoff-bryn-mawr-pennsylvania-1097049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content