Report: #239950

Complaint Review: ASTAR Travel

  • Submitted: Tue, March 20, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, March 20, 2007
  • Reported By: Toronto Ontario
  • ASTAR Travel
    Tampa, Florida


Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

I received a call last week by a man who identified himself as Kenneth; he said that he worked for Walt Disney. He said that I had filled out an entry form someplace on the internet, and that Walt Disney had chosen me for this great vacation. After he explained the trip to me, he asked for my Visa card number. I told him that I was not comfortable giving that information out on the phone to a stranger. Kenneth then seemed to get upset and told me that Walt Disney was not going to steal my money. He said that Walt Disney had been taking Visa credit card numbers over the phone for many years. He said that Walt Disney was going to pay 85 percent, or $2300 towards my vacation, but if I wanted the vacation, I would have to pay the other 15 percent, or 798 US dollars with my credit card.(I think Kenneth may need a math lesson) He then asked me to go to a website on my computer, and he would prove to me that this whole thing was for real. After I looked at the website for a little while, I asked Kenneth where it said that he had any affiliation what-so-ever with Walt Disney, and he hung up the phone.

So, in my limited experience, I would say that they must be scammers. If Walt Disney ever catches on to Astar Travel trying to profit off of their good name, they will probably sue them out business.

Toronto, Ontario

Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2007 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.