Complaint Review: backgroundfee.com

• Reported By: Chris — East greenwich Rhode Island United States of America
  • backgroundfee.com

, Utah
    United States of America

backgroundfee.com charged an unauthorized fee to my bank account Utah

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: For a Full Refund Contact Our Manager

In my bank statement I noticed an unauthorized fee of $19.95 charged to my checking account.  backgroundfee.com  'claims'  to provide a service of looking up driving records, vehicle history's, public records,arrest or criminal records.

when I called the number provided in my bank statement, the number was listed as inactive and I was redirected to a different company instead.  This happened within 4 days  (the 888 number not working) of my charge being posted to my account, I tried to reverse it (the fee)while it was still 'pending and the bank told me I had to wait till it was posted to my account before I could dispute it.  I have done this with the bank and are awaiting for the fee to be reversed.

The attorney General in my state has also been contacted and they are investigating my complaint as well. The AG  said that they have received numerous complaints against  backgroundfee.com.

On backgroundfee.com's website,  at the bottom when you click on  'contact us'  it just loops you back to the website and refers you to 'live customer service number'  it does not  give you a snail mail address or any other phone numbers.  all the posted customer feedbacks are listed as dec 26 and 27  2012, 2 days after my account was charged the fee  and then on the 28th the number was inactive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2012 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/backgroundfeecom/-utah-/backgroundfeecom-charged-an-unauthorized-fee-to-my-bank-account-utah-988096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

For a Full Refund Contact Our Manager

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Dear Chris,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered and are 100% dedicated to resolving this situation.

Please contact Josh@BackgroundFee.com and he will immediately issue your refund. Our goal is to ensure customer satisfaction.

If you or anyone requires customer service or a refund please fell free to contact Josh@BackgroundFee.com for immediate resolution.

Sincerely,