Complaint Review: Bidz.com

www.bidz.com
    Culver City, California

Bidz.com questions about shills & costs Culver City California

*UPDATE Employee: Bidz.com

I too have purchased many items through Bidz for resale. Sometimes you get a good deal and sometimes they offset your "good deal" with shipping prices. For instance, if you have won individual prints from their "Art" section, they will only ship 3 pieces in a tube, which increases their S&H fee's and often will result in a piece being shipped alone, for which you will pay the maximum shipping costs. They say that they only ship 3 pieces in a tube to protect the product, but if you buy a "suite" of pictures they will ship up to 20 in one tube!!!

I have often questioned whether they use shills. There have been times I will bid on an item that has no bids and I am instantly outbid, and not by a few dollars, but substantially. It has happened often enough for me to suspicion that it is beyond coincidence. I have monitored those bids and once the price gets to a reasonable amount, the "bidder" drops out. That might seem normal, but I have seen it over and over again, under the same bidder name. Many items of like kind have the same bidder name, almost as if those items are his to monitor. No one will know if they are using shills unless some disgruntled employee blows the whistle, but I would love to hear a rebuttal from Bidz.

As for customer satisfaction, I have no real complaints. I had an unworkable item which I called on and got a return number and they refunded the money as guaranteed.

The company
Eloy, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2009 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bidzcom/culver-city-california/bidzcom-questions-about-shills-costs-culver-city-california-465662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Bidz.com

AUTHOR: Customer Service Team - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer,

We would like to begin by thanking you for giving us this opportunity to address your concerns. Please be advised that the shipping prices offered on Quality Art do not reflect those of Bidz.com. In order to provide proper handling and to ensure safe packaging and delivery some items may be limited to 3 per order. This may be due to the material of the art work or the size.

Bidz.com prohibits any user from placing bids or causing bids to be placed on any Product for the purpose of artificially increasing or otherwise manipulating the bidding process. Any evidence of bid shilling on a Product is a breach of User Agreement and warrants immediate termination of membership. Keep in mind that our site offers many features to help facilitate the bidding process, features such as the Autobid and Watchlist. Our Autobid system will bid on your behalf without going over your maximum. You will also able to view your Autobid amount on the auction page. This information is only visible to you. If you are over-bided the Autobid information will be removed by the system. Our Watchlist feature allows you to monitor your selected items under one list and keep you in the bidding action. You can place bids directly from this page. This may be the reason why you may see several of the same users on like items. Many of our resellers use these feature to in a sense secure the item without having to bid.

If you have any questions and concerns please feel free to contact our customer service department at 800-444-8124 or via LiveHelp 24/7