• Report: #1196428

• Updated: Thu, December 18, 2014

• Reported By: Todd Pool — Conroe Texas
Cabinets Direct
11235 West Franklin Avenue Franklin Park, Illinois USA

Cabinets Direct, World Craft Cabinetry, Frank Lamark Shameless Thieves Franklin Park Illinois

*Author of original report: Hopefully refund does arrive

*UPDATE Employee: **Update Refund Made**

Ordered RTA cabnets on October 14, 2014. Company website showed products in stock. Company only accepts ACH debits or checks over the internet when orders are placed. I waited 2 weeks after placing order before I called to see if cabinets had shipped. They informed me they were out of stock and waiting on another container before they could fill my order. The new container would be in around December. I told them that I could not wait and that I wanted a refund and they understood and said they would mail my refund. Called again in Early November to see about refund, no answer and left message on phone system and by email, repeated this cycle a couple of times before I recieved an email. They claimed they mailed my refund check November 25, 2014. I have yet to see it as of 12/18/2014. I can not get anyone by phone. They only respond by email and that usually occurs at or around 5:00 pm.

They have stated that they are very busy at this time of year and being a small company they just cannot give quick responses. Strange thing about being "A small Company" their website boast about their size, years of experience and how many cabniets they sell. I have learned that all those claims are false. I have filed complaints with 2 State Attorney Generals offices and looking to file suit against them with other cases.

It is clear that this is a scam. My first gut red flag was that they do not accept credit cards, they only accept checks. Credit cards create a bad business model for them in that cedit card companies will qickly credit accounts with this kind of fraud, checks are much harder. Secondly they never answer the phone and emails go into a black hole.

Do not trust them with your money or time, they have no respect for either let alone themselves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2014 08:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cabinets-direct/franklin-park-illinois-60131/cabinets-direct-world-craft-cabinetry-frank-lamark-shameless-thieves-franklin-park-illi-1196428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cabinets Direct

Hopefully refund does arrive

AUTHOR: Todd Pool - ()

The company sent me a email showing a company statement illustrating a refund is on its way.

Regarding their statement "I agreed to wait, in writing" is absolutely false.  I never agreed to wait. It is shame that even at this time they can not say we screwed up.

**Update Refund Made**

AUTHOR: Company Management - ()

This customer is incorrect. We do directly import our own brand of cabinetry. Unfortunetly due to delayes in our new shipment from overseas our new stock was delayed. The cusrtomer was told of this and was asked if they wanted to wait.

They agreed in writting to wait the additional time.

They then changed their mind and wanted to cancel. In writting.

They were refunded according to our terms and conditions posted on our website.

Proof of refund check that was isued is attached

Management