I am posting the actual BBB Report that I have done on these guys. Luckily I won this battle, but from what I have seen- A lot of ppl have lost a lot of money due to being ripped off.
Info: Cavalier Buildings, Inc
Original Complaint :
in December 2011 we were visited by a Lady that came down from DFW to sell us a building from Cavalier. (we later found out this person wasnt even a autho. seller of the company) We had contacted them via internet due to us shopping around. Long story short, agreement was reached because Cavalier Buildings wants to start selling badly in our area: 20x20 height 12 building that was suppose to go to auction. If financing would not go through, in house financing
would take place (this was determined via phone conversation with the owner, we made it perfectly clear that our credit wasn't perfect)a partial downpayment of $ 200 was made on Jan 24ht via CC, another payment of $1490 on
feb 3rd, credit application to wells fargo was filled out but of course was turned down as expected. after this the whole story changed, now cavalier wants the entire balance up front...no inhouse financing is available, we never
received the "acceptance copy letter" K C Jones is Not an authorized seller of the company...therefor the entire contract is null and void as is..
BUT...cavalier refuses to return any of our monies paid to them. the statement that was made to me was: if this goes to court it would be in Virgina beach and would cost you a lot of money"...in short...they would bleed us dry and
still keep our money. We want nothing to do any longer with this company, but we do want out money back...we have not received the merchandise..and it would only be fair that we get back what is our hard earned money.
$1690 ($200 plus $1490) payments that were made to Cavalier Buildings. Merchandise was NOT received and per phone conversation with owner of company, the terms that are being suggested differ extremely from what was represented to us at first.
response from Cavalier Buildings:
in reference to the statement made; ''If financing would not go through, in house financing would take place.'' On 2-21-2012, our company offered Mr......... the option of submitting a Wells Fargo credit application in Mrs......... name and it was also offered that we would give the ........ the option of making regular monthly payments (that would work for their family's budget), toward their contract balance until the building was either paid in full, they could pay the remaining balance COD, they could find a co-signer, or their credit improved enough to get approved for financing. During that
conversation, Mr........ was informed that his file would be reviewed and that he would be contacted on Monday, February 27, 2012 with further options.
Second, to the statement; '', we never received the "acceptance copy letter"The acceptance copy of their contract was mailed to them the week of January 23, 2012. A second copy of their acceptance copy was mailed on February 27, 2012 for their records. We are happy to email or fax another copy of the acceptance that was dated January 23, 2012 as well.
Third, in reference to the comment; ''K C ..... is Not an authorized seller of the company...therefore the entire contract is null and void as is.'' KC is not an officer of the company, however Mr. Hobbs is, and again, he signed and ''accepted'' the contract on January 23, 2012. The contract is not ''null and void'' as we stand ready, and eager, to fulfill our end of the agreement to Mr. and Mrs.......... Forth, to the statement; '' the statement that was made to me was: if this goes to
court it would be in Virginia beach and would cost you a lot of money" Mrs......... threatened to take our company to court if we didn't return their deposit to them and she was informed that the city of Virginia Beach would retain jurisdiction over matters such as this and that it would be much more costly than simply working through the credit issues and working with her to come to another resolution that would work for both parties.
We remain eager to assist Mr. and Mrs........ with either of the following options; 1. We are willing to allow Mr. and Mrs......... to make regular monthly payments that would work for their family's budget with no interest. 2.
We will agree to discount their balance due by an additional $1100 if they can get a co-signer or pay the COD upon delivery. 3. We would be willing to offer
Mr. & Mrs.......... the option to pay an additional 25% down, take delivery of their building and pay the remaining balance due at $100 per month with 0% interest.
Please don't hesitate to call if I can be of any assistance whatsoever.
In reference to the statement made about the Wells Fargo credit application:
Yes, we did receive that. But it wasn't In Mrs.......... name as so stated by
Cavalier Building. It was in Mr.......... name. Number 1. Discrepancy.
Number 2: In house financing was offered; terms such as making payments to cavalier buildings themselves. If financing would not go through. Delivery of building was promised on or about March 2013. Not a third party company. Why? '' because they really want a display building in this area, and since our property is so close to hwy 195, it is a prime area for them to start of here'' Papers where signed on this as well, I do have those available. Display contract.
Third issue: acceptance letter mailing: the only correspondence we have received from cavalier buildings is the credit application for Wells Fargo in Mr........name. Nothing else. Question: why mail out 2 letters of acceptance? Where are
they? How come we have not to this day received any of those letters? Why are those documents not mailed in a fashion that ensures a proper delivery, such as certified mail? I do not care if the owner thinks he mailed them out, I am
going by facts.
KC Jones is not an authorized seller of Cavalier Buildings. We were not made aware of this at the point of sale in our home when the whole transaction took place.I advised the owner that we have several venues of going about these issues, and one would be small claims court. He responded: ''go ahead, and see who can last longer'' COD is not an option, was never discussed. Co-signer is not an option, was never discussed, an additional 25% is surly not an option- we want our $1690 back from Cavalier buildings, please. I have also contacted the attorney General of Texas concerning this matter, and received the response that they are looking into this. We are no longer interested in doing business with
Cavalier Buildings due to the lying and handling of the whole matter. We want the payments back of $1690. There is a breach of contract on Cavalier Buildings side.
I came upon some new Information, I did a internet search " ripped off by cavalier buildings" and was directed to rippoff report.com. Cavalier Buildings also operates under "US BUILDINGS- that can be seen in one of the bank transactions when money was transferred from us to them. I have found a total of 9 report on them so far, and that was within a 10 minutes time frame- most of them on the deposit issue.
Please let me know if you received the pink contract, if it was readable and if you need anything else from me.
INFO RECEIVED FROM THE CONSUMER :
I am faxing over the payment authorization form, where u can see "US Buildings". This was not disclosed to us at
all. Before we started even doing business with these scamers, I googled cavalier buildings. I wasn't aware they were linked with us buildings, we would have never done business with them if this would have been disclosed to us!!!
Someone need to bring a class action law suit against them. They are operating under at least 15 different business names.
Cavalier Buildings Response
While we disagree with many of the details of this case, we would like to settle this
issue and refund the...... deposit to them.
In a conversation with Mrs. ....... on 2-21-12, Mrs...... hung up on Mr. Hobbs while he was attempting to resolve this issue amicably. None the less, if the ..... are unable to pay for or finance the building, then we are no longer interested in pursuing this matter. A check in the amount of $1695.00 was issued on 3-7-2012 (see attachment) and has been mailed to Mr. ....... via certified mail. Furthermore, in light of this situation, we have retrained our sales and marketing team to help prevent further misunderstandings in the future.
As always, if there is anything that we can do for Mr......... in the future, we are more than happy to be of assistance.
Yes, we did receive the Check from Mr. Hobbs via certified mail on the 8th of March in the amount of $1695.00
did have a problem depositing/cashing this check and our bank placed a "hold" on it. I never disconnected a call/hung on while talking to Mr. Hobbs,I just don't have time to waste on conversations that do not hold true to verbal and written contracts. I did say: "You Sir are a Liar-I do not have anything further to discuss,have a great day". We got our Money
back, if the Check clears appropriately. If it doesn't, I guess I have to take that up with another agency. I really don't think that the sales and marketing team needs to be trained- I really think Mr. Hobbs needs the training. It was
him on the phone WITH Mrs. KC Jones WHILE she was in our home...HE WAS SUGGESTING THE DEAL..IN HOUSE FINANCING AND THE INFAMOUS BUILDING THAT WAS ABOUT TO GO TO AUCTION. Full disclosure needs to be given to all customers, the fact the Cavalier Buildings is connected with US Buildings is being left out because US Buildings has been ripping people off for years. Mr.Hobbs this is to you: its never good Karma to try and rip off a Soldier/PGR.