Complaint Review: Clear Wireless

Dept CH 14365, Palatine, IL 60055-4365
    Palatine, Illinois
    United States of America

Clear Wireless Clear Wireless Palatine, Illinois

On Friday, March 18, 2011 I signed up for business 4G wireless service with Clear Wireless.  I was told that I could pay an additional fee and obtain a static IP address with this service.  Once they had signed me up, I called to have the static IP activated and I was told that static IP was not available for my area.  Interesting, considering that I was told otherwise prior to signing up.  So I told the tech that I would be cancelling my service once I found a suitable replacement.  I asked them to note the account so that I didn't have problems when I went to cancel.

Today I tried to cancel, and they tried to charge a cancellation fee.  I told them I would not be paying any cancellation fee because they did not honor their terms of the deal.  The foreign support person keep repeating the same thing over and over again, "you have a 2 year contract."  And I told him over and over, a contract is null and void if the terms are not met by the provider.  I was promised a static IP, now I can't get one.  The contract is no longer in effect.  After 5 different phone calls, I gave up.  They cancelled my service and asked where to send the bill for the cancellation fee.  I told them that they could send it wherever they liked, but I wouldn't be paying for it.  We'll see how badly they want to push the issue.  I have no problem filing multiple complaints with the FCC and the BBB.  Oh yes, I will make sure everyone knows about this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2011 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/clear-wireless/palatine-illinois-60055/clear-wireless-clear-wireless-palatine-illinois-789668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content