Complaint Review: CMS, Consolidated Media

• CMS, Consolidated Media
    200 Chastain Center Blvd. Suite 200
    Kennesaw, Georgia

CMS, Consolidated Media magazine scam! Rip-off! Kennesaw Georgia

About 3 years ago, this company called me on my cell while I was driving to work with a great magazine offer. I was to make 3 payments of 37.99 for three years worth of magazine subscriptions and some free gifts which I don't recall at the moment.

I gave them my credit card number and they proceeded to debit my account for the said payment for 3 months... I received some of the magazines that I had ordered, but I also started getting others that I had not.

On the fourth month, I noticed my credit card had been debited for another payment. I had no way of contacting this company so I simply told my credit card to stop payments on further transactions.

I kept receiving magazines but I would send them back and write, "return to sender." Eventually this really annoyed my mailman so I just kept everything they sent me. They keep coming to this day.

Now they are calling my house every single day, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day and each time they get nastier. I explain to them that there is a law that states that if I specifically tell them that I don't want them calling my house, they must comply with my request. Well, they don't care and they continue to harrass me.

The last time I spoke to them, which was a few minutes ago, I told them the same thing and that I was going to report them to the Federal Trade Commission and that the next time they heard from me it would be from my attorney. She said she made a note of it and that they wouldn't call me anymore... let's see if it's true.

Adrian
miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2004 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cms-consolidated-media/kennesaw-georgia-30144/cms-consolidated-media-magazine-scam-rip-off-kennesaw-georgia-88694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content