Complaint Review: Cricket

fort collins, Colorado
    United States of America

Cricket swindled $100 from me in one week fort collins, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: SO FAR, SO GOOD WITH MY WIRERLESS INTERNET CONNECTION

I wanted a broadband connection to my laptop and thought Cricket was a good idea. I went to the store and bought the USB modem that had a $50 rebate and one month of service, but when I went home to install the device, it did not work in either of my laptops. Instead of going to the store, I thought it would be a short fix and decided to call the 1-800 customer support line. Boy was that a bad idea. In order to get a real person I ended up pushing random buttons in frustration. When I finally got a real person, they were not able to fix the problem the first day and said they would have another person call me back the next day.

Well, no one called. I called them back and they tried to "fix" it again. They finally gave up after about an hour on the phone and told me to go to the local Cricket store. I was so frustrated at that point I decided to just get a refund. Evidently, Cricket doesn't know what "refund" means. They refused to give me a refund on service or the modem because they "don't give refunds on service", and they wouldn't give me a refund on the modem because I had sent in the UPC for the rebate. I was told there was nothing they could do. That was very very unethical.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2010 09:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cricket/fort-collins-colorado-80525/cricket-swindled-100-from-me-in-one-week-fort-collins-colorado-639984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

SO FAR, SO GOOD WITH MY WIRERLESS INTERNET CONNECTION

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

I WENT TO THE CRICKET STORE IN AUSTIN, TEXAS ON NORTH LAMAR NEAR RUNDBERG  LANE YESTERDAY AND BOUGHT THE MODEM, THE ONE MADE IN KOREA. I WANTED TO GET IT FROM CLEAR BUT ANYPLACE THAT REQUIRES A CREDIT CARD WILL FIND A WAY TO MAKE UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES SO I DO NOT TRUST CR3EDIT CARDS OR BANKS.

I CHOSE CRICKET BECAUSE I COULD PAY CASH AND THAT IS HOW I LIKE IT.

COULD NOT GET ON THE INTERNET WHEN I GOT IT HOME EITHER, CALLED THE 1-800 NUMBER  AND TALKED TO A VERY NICE INDIAN WOMAN WITH THE COOLEST DEHLI ACCENT! WOW! SHE VERIFIED MY ACCOUNT, ASKED A FEW QUESTIONS AND WHEN I HUNG UP THE CELL PHONE, I WAS ON THE INTERNET ALMOST INSTANTLY.

CASH MAKES THINGS HAPPEN.