Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Reported By: John — Fountain City Wisconsin
  • Dish Network

Internet
    USA

Dish Network promotes on t.v. commercials that they will box you up and move you for free.  This is purely false advertising!  I have Dish Network, and I called them on Friday, June 21, 2013 to move my service from one apartment to another apartment within the same apartment building.  They tried to charge me a $100 moving fee!  I was outraged, but the best I could get from them was a $50 fee!  Anyone else having this issue should immediately report them to the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), but don't hold your breath on receiving any response from the poorly run FTC!

John,

Fountain City, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2013 09:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dish-network/internet/dish-network-false-advertising-100-moving-charge-internet-1061224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Mover's fee

AUTHOR: DanB@Dish Network - ()

I can certainly understand how frustrating this must be for you. The fee for relocating your services only applies to certain accounts. Most accounts are eligible for a free move. You would only be inelgible if you have a prepaid account, excessive late payments, have had services less than 1 year or have moved in the last 12 months.  I will be more than happy to address this further please email me for assistance at: Daniel.Busa@DISH.com

Dish Network's recent TV ad

AUTHOR: 436 S. Main St, Apt 7 - ()

The Disney Channel aired a Dish Network promo advertising that they would box you up and move you for free the night of the day that I called Dish Network to move all the way from apt. 7 to apt. 22 in the same building.  Nice try!

#3 General Comment

Promotions

AUTHOR: James - ()

Actually the Promotion changes from time to time. The Dish Mover might be free. But there might be  Technican Fee that is not included in the free part.

Someone should have told you this. As a Independent Dealer I normally don't charge the fee to my customers. Even if I'm  allowed by the Dealers Rules.

Next time you might shop around the different Independent Dealers and ask for references.