Report: #1072225

Complaint Review: Dominion Law Associates

  • Submitted: Thu, August 01, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, August 01, 2013
  • Reported By: Rebecca — Newport News Virginia
  • Dominion Law Associates

    Virginia beach, Virginia

Dominion Law Associates Froze my account for my husband credit card Virginia beach Virginia

*Author of original report: I know no one cares about my money but me

*Consumer Comment: You will have to sue your husband

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

I am upset that Dominion Law Associates froze my checking account because me and my husband had together years ago. I never took his name off the account because I never had a need to. He never used my account or took money from me. Also, I had to keep the account because my check its directed deposited. I had no knowledge of this credit card or any court hearing because my name wasn't even on the credit card. My account is now frozen and bills not paid because they took all my money including what was in my savings account that my spouse name isn't even on. I was in the process of getting my son ready for college and when they swiped my card they said it had a code on it.

I went to the bank to find out what was going on. They contacted Dominion for me I spoke with one of the associates telling me about the credit card. Ask me some questions I told him that it was my account that they have frozen. He said if I faxed over my bank statements for two months showing only my money was going to the account. They would review it. I called back to the company to check on the status of there report. I talked to another associate that was asking me for my husband account number. When I told her me and my husband has been separated for 3 years. I don't have his information. She said she would have someone call me back. I am still waiting. How can I pay for a credit card debt thats not even mine?

Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2013 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 Author of original report

I know no one cares about my money but me

AUTHOR: Rebecca - ()

Thanks for your respond. This old debt was before we got married. My name wasn't on the account. I feel like its not my responsibility . I know God will work this out just am upset because my son first year of college and I can't do anything to help him right new. Believe me when u know better you do better. I know better now. Thanks again

Respond to this report!

#2 Consumer Comment

You will have to sue your husband

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

This is NOT the bank fault but rather their policy. It is not up to the bank because of the court order.

This is why you need to be sure that any of your financial document is completely separated from your spouse when you separate/divorce the person. There is a "need" to do so because you are NOT going to know what the other person is doing. It is your responsibility to ensure the safety of your own financial situation.

He does not seem to care about his own situation. You, on the other hand, allow yourself to be tied to his situation. Does-not-know does not give you a free ticket to get out of his situation. If you want your money back, an easier way (but likely not get money back right away) is to sue your husband.

The other way is to wait for the bank and hope that their conclusion favor you. Still, you need to go to the court and clear your situation between your husband creditors and you because those creditors do not care whose money it is as long as it has his name tagged on. There is no easy way out.

Respond to this report!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.