Complaint Review: DSS Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, August 10, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, March 05, 2011
  • Reported By: anonymous — Pennsylvania United States of America
  • DSS Inc.

Pilot Point, Texas
    United States of America

I just ordered Baseball Digest yesterday (8/9/10) for $66.00 from a fast talking young girl who needed points to win a prize.

After I gave her my check I asked her if my son didn't like the magazines, could I cancel?

She told me there was a 1-800 number on the receipt she gave me but I could not find that number!

And I started to think that maybe this was a scam?!?

Dosen't $66 seem to be a little high?  (for 3 years?)

Now, I really don't know what I should do?  Should I stop payment on my check?

Should I cancel my subscription?

Or should I just wait for the magazines?  (I've read a few people either didn't get their magazines (from this company) or they got them later (months later) and they could have gotten them much cheaper!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2010 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dss-inc/pilot-point-texas-/dss-inc-fast-talking-young-girl-sold-me-baseball-digest-for-3-years-for-6600-pilot-630170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

RECEIVED ONE MAGAZINE

AUTHOR: Connie - (United States of America)

as of Jan. 1,2011, I have received one Baseball Digest.  Will I receive the rest of them?  If I don't, who do I contact?  DSS?  Or the magazine?  Can I cancel and get my money back?

You'll be waiting forever

AUTHOR: Sharon - (United States of America)

My order is older than yours by several months.  I've never received a thing & now know that I never will.  I'm just going to move on having learned a valuable lesson.  It could have been way worse.  Hope you will be able to do the same.  I will never buy from or contribute to any organization or person who knocks on my door ever again period.

STILL WAITING

AUTHOR: Connie - (United States of America)

i'm still waiting for the magazines i ordered on 8/9/10.  has anyone received their magazines yet?  i would like to have them by Dec. 31, 2010!!!!

Maybe OK

AUTHOR: Scotty james - (United States of America)

On the Baseball Digest web page the subscriptions run $24.95 for one year and $44.95 for 2 years, so the cost is not out of line; however, you can often find better subscription deals elsewhere...    You can always call baseball Digest at 847-491-6440 and see if they have subscriber info yet...  Often when one buys a subscription under these circumstances it just takes a long time because they don't submit it right away...  Hopefully it wasn't a scam... You'll see...