Complaint Review: Fitness Connection

• Reported By: Houston Texas
  • Fitness Connection
    Fitness Connectio Pasadena
    Houston,Pasadena,Baytown, Texas

Fitness Connection THIS INSTITUTION WILL SCAM YOU Houston,Pasadena,Baytown Texas

Just wanted to report what this SCAM ORGANIZATION will do to anyone that joins. They will lure you in by saying that they will lower the enrollment fee or even the monthly fee and may even verbally tell you your gym membership will be one fixed price (pre-paid). However, nothing that they verbally tell you or write on the contract will hold up.

I pre-paid my membership for one year for a fixed price and I clearly told the counselor (#120) that after the year I did not want to renew my contract because I would be moving. As I began to fill out my information on the contract he clearly X out the Automatic renewal privilege and verbally stated that my contract would not be automatically renewed. A year later, I receive a letter from a collection agency stating I owe this SCAM ORGANIZATION a years worth of gym membership. The collection agency just reconfirmed that many organizations have fine print on the contract, which may null written or verbal agreements. The contract that I signed states, "BUYER and FITNESS CONNECTION acknowledge that this Club Membership Agreement and that Buyer has not relied on any statement (oral or written) except as contained herein. If any portion of this agreement is held unenforceable, such portion shall be disregarded and the remainder hereof shall remain in full force and effect."

Looks like this organization gets rich by lying and misleading people as they join their organization. Don't let this happen to you, don't join this gym organization.

Ricardo
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2009 07:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fitness-connection/houstonpasadenabaytown-texas-77504/fitness-connection-this-institution-will-scam-you-houstonpasadenabaytown-texas-464822. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content