Complaint Review: Gander Mountain

• Gander Mountain
    19820 Hempstead Hwy
    houston, Texas
    United States of America

Gander Mountain 290 and highway 6 Houston rip off artists in gun sales Gunsmiths houston, Texas

Took a MINT Condition Essex 1911 asp 45 into the shop to get cleaned and oiled.  Got cleaned never oiled. The guys in the shop said the gun was a disaster and a horror story and was not worth $100.00

I had the pistol appraised and is worth  $2,000  These guys wanted to rip me off and then make thousands on my pistol. The gun has been shot 50 times since 1943 when My dad bought it for home safety. I spent over 1$100.00  for nothing they never did their work, had to take the gun to Fountain Firrms to get oiled and cleaned. The reason I know the gun had not been oiled was you could hear the metal slide clack when it was pulled back. Also Gander Mountain is telling people to STORE ALL PISTOLS with the hammer cocked. NEVER do this is weakens the main spring so they can make some money . You store a pistol with the hammer forward to keep the pressure off the spring.

I wrote the company 3 weeks ago or more and never herd back cause  it is a he says he says story. I wnted to alert people about what they rried to do to me.The gun has no scratches and is in mint condition and people back it up. I will never darken their door way again from rude people and scam artists trying to make money off your guns by lying to you.

Mark

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2013 05:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gander-mountain/houston-texas-/gander-mountain-290-and-highway-6-houston-rip-off-artists-in-gun-sales-gunsmiths-houston-1022423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content