Complaint Review: Giftcards.com

• Reported By: Shelton Connecticut
  • Giftcards.com
    www.giftcards.com
    Internet

Giftcards.com still no contact for customer service at giftcards.com, charge on my card Internet Internet

I saw a complaint over 4 years ago that giftcards had no way of contacting them. Well, it hasnt gotten better.
I bought 2 Visa gift cards last night. I am currently out of the country on a longterm assignment. I got an email this morning (from an automated server, no contact info, cannot reply back)saying that giftcards suspected fraudulent activity via my credit card, and that they would cancel the charge (2 $500 charges, plus processing fees, totaling over $1K).

I contacted American Express, and they said, there is no problem, and that the charge went through.
SO, I said, OK, let me contact giftcards to let them know that Amex said the charge went through, and there is no problem.

Well, I went to the website.
NO email for customer service.
And, all they have is a toll free customer service number. Well, that doesnt do any good when you are calling out of country.

Not to mention I had a friend of mine try to call, and it just rings busy.

So, in addition to POOR service, I have a charge on my Amex, and no cards. I really wanted my cards for lengthy reasons. I learned my lesson. Look at the customer service ways of contact first. Look at ripoffreport.com as well!

Mark
Shelton, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2008 04:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/giftcardscom/internet/giftcardscom-still-no-contact-for-customer-service-at-giftcardscom-charge-on-my-card-in-350352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content