Report: #1131950

• Reported By: Gaye — Charlotte North Carolina
  • Global tel link

Internet, Select State/Province
    USA

Global tel link Global tel link cut off my collect calls without any warning and forced me to use prepaid credit card. After calling I was told that because I exceeded a limit set by them they needed to make sure they got paid. I always pay my bills. Now I am being charged a fee for a service I did not ask for. The last call came in in SPANISH!!!! The supervisor advised me they could do whatever they wanted to do to ensure they got paid!!!! Can they do this without advising the consumer.? FCC Ned's to be made aware of this injustice!  Internet

Being forced to use prepay credit card without being notified in advance that I would not be able to accept collect cards from my son who is in a correctional facility in North Carolina.

I was told that they did not have to inform consumers of this .  They could cut off the collect calls at their discretion to ensure they got paid each month.

Lastly, I am being charged a service fee for something I did not request.  This is unfair to the consumers and the inmates.  Is this not illegal?  Fees are being charged without first notifying the consumer.  FCC needs to be made aware!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2014 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/global-tel-link/internet-select-stateprovince/global-tel-link-global-tel-link-cut-off-my-collect-calls-without-any-warning-and-forced-m-1131950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content