Complaint Review: Green Tree Servicing

• Green Tree Servicing
    P.O. Box 6172 Rapid City, SD 57709
    Internet
    United States of America

Green Tree Servicing Green Tree Lending Green Tree charges $12 to make an electronic, or phone mortgage payment , Internet

I bought my house 5 years ago, originally with AmTrust Bank, a few years back my mortgage got transferred to Metlife.  Upon transfer, Metlife required a $11 charge to make a payment online.  After much correspondence and arguing, I got them to drop the charge.  Fast forward, Metlife has transferred my mortgage to Green Tree.  Imagine my surprise when I went to make a payment, and they want $12 to make an electronic payment...or a payment over the phone!

It was a ripoff a few years ago at Metlife, it is a ripoff now.  I am paying them, I did not choose them, the internet makes things fast and easy, there is NO reason why a company should get away with charging you to make a payment.

I frequently pay in advance several months, I also like to add more to the payment to lower my equity, I hope to pay off in 15 years, but this is nonsense, it is 2013, I shouldn't have to write out and mail a check to these backwards clowns.  Two minutes of logging on the web and pushing a button...it doesn't cost them $12 to process my payment.  Unnecessary, capricious charges.  Shame on Green Tree.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/green-tree-servicing/internet/green-tree-servicing-green-tree-lending-green-tree-charges-12-to-make-an-electronic-or-p-1039817. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content