Complaint Review: HollyWood Video

• HollyWood Video
    9275 SW Peyton Lane
    Wilsonville, Oregon
    United States of America

HollyWood Video NCS - National Credit Solutions Bogus charges Wilsonville Oregon

1-25-2011 I-  pulled my credit report from all 3 agencies. TransUnion had NCS for Hollywood Video listed as an adverse account. (The only thing adverse on my history since 1976) I called NCS and was spoken to rudely, hung up on, and finally spoken to civilly by a supervisor after a 20 minute wait. They were unalble to give me any contact infor for HollyWood.

The same day I also:
*Filed a dispute online with TransUnion, BetterBusiness Bureau, Attorney General, Consumer Affairs, & The Federal Trade Commission.  I also notified all 5 TV stations in my town.

1-26-2011 - I sent a certified letter -return receipt- to NCS declaring I did not owe them any money and that I needed a list of items from them:
*I need a copy of all rules and regulations with pricing info for the program that I was signed up on.
*I need a copy of this agreement with my dated signature signing up for the program
*Date and time all "missing" or "late" items were checked out.
*Copy of the receipt with my signature showing I checked them out.
*If they were turned in late, what date and time, and location were they turned in late at.
*I need to know the date that location was closed.
*I need a copy of MY rental/buying history from the day before the items were rented thru the day that  Hollywood Video location closed its doors.
*I need the rental history for each of the above disputed items for the same time frame.

I also informed NCS that I was never notified by them nor HollyWood video of this supposed debt.

1-27-2011-I received an email from TransUnion that this adverse info had been removed from my credit report. I also did a TV interview.

1-28-2011 - NCS received my letter

2-8-2011 NCS mailed me a letter stating that after their investigation they had remitted my file back to HollyWood Video.

2-9-2011-Searching the web I found an email for HollyWood Video "customerrequests@hlyw.com" and sent them an email stating the same information and demanding a letter.

2-10-2011-I received a response from Ryan at HollyWood stating my account balance had been set to zero.  I replied that I needed a letter.  Apparently there are only about 6 peoply working with Ryan and they are not sending out letters.  I settled for a street mailing address: 9275 SW Peyton Lane, Wilsonville OR 97070.  I sent a certified letter/return receipt to that address stating:

This letter serves as notice that "Ryan" at your customerrequest@hlyw.com email address had emailed me that my account balance has been set to zero.  Unless you notify me within 30 days after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of this information I will assume it is correct and that I will never be asked to pay any portion of any supposed debt to HollyWood Video.......

This seemed to work for me...I hope it helps someone else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2011 02:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hollywood-video/wilsonville-oregon-97070/hollywood-video-ncs-national-credit-solutions-bogus-charges-wilsonville-oregon-698152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content