Complaint Review: Hotwire

• Hotwire

Internet
    United States of America

Hotwire Hidden Fees Internet

I recently purchased a 4 start hotel room in Myrtle Beach through Hotwire. It was off season, and i got the price of $65 a night. I wanted to get away for the weekend, so I stayed there 2 nights. Ended up getting a condo for 2 nights,.

Got there a little late on Friday, so had to do a late check-in:. Had to go by the office in the morning to finish some paperwork, at which time I learned there was a mandatory $150 dollar sheet cleaning fee?.

No where in the Hotwire did it say this could happen.. It did say there could be charges for amenities, which I can understand (maybe parking, Internet);. This however was outrageous,. I was going to have pay more for cleaning fees than the actual room'.

I called Hotwire, the first lady said that I didn't have to book with them and just hung up on me when I asked to speak to a manager;. Oh, I was pissed.

The second time I called I ended up getting a very unforgiving manager telling me this is part of what Hotwire does and they don't have any control over it. I said "what prevents a hotel for selling a room with you for $10 a night then charging you a $100 a night fee". She couldn't answer. They are horrible.

Please note, I am not mad about the fee. I am mad about not being told about the fee, or the possibility of there being such a fee. I never would have picked it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2013 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hotwire/internet/hotwire-hidden-fees-internet-1023726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content