Complaint Review: Household Bank

• Reported By: San Francisco California
  • Household Bank
    householdbank.com/ccssa/HBCustomerCare?cmd_Redirect=HomePage
    Internet

Household Bank, HSBC Household Bank Signed Me Up For ACCOUNTSECURE PLUS (800-690-1532) Without Permission Internet

Household Bank signed me up for ACCOUNTSECURE PLUS 800-690-1532 without my permission. When I called to confront them they responded "We would like to let you know the benefits of the program...in case of involuntary unemployment blah, blah, blah... financial hardship, you will be protected under the program" and went on for a couple of minutes so I couldn't get a word in edgewise. The rep ended with "Are you sure you want to cancel?" I responded, "Yes! Yes!"

They complied but did not offer to refund me what they had charged me. I had to demand that they refund me what was charged because I did not enroll in the program in the first place and that I was put in the program without my permission.

Avoid Household Bank if you can. If you have to sign up with them, watch for unauthorized charges!

Bryan
San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2006 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/household-bank/internet/household-bank-hsbc-household-bank-signed-me-up-for-accountsecure-plus-800-690-1532-wi-213820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content