Complaint Review: Household Finance

• Reported By: Deposit New York
  • Household Finance
    1309 W. Patrick Street Golden Mile Unit 8
    Frederick, Maryland

Household Finance Corp ripoff misleading information judgmental Frederick Maryland

I became 8 days past due on my Household finance payment. I received a phone call at my office at work.

I told the rep. that I was not free to talk about this matter at this time. Could he please give me a number where I could reach him at a more convenient time. He gave me a 1-800 number. I got home from work and immediately called the number. The phone number he gave to me was not household finanace corp but a debt counseling firm (of which I never requested).

I think perhaps that HFC is getting a kickback from this particular credit counselling agency. I assumed the number he gave to me was household finance. I was mis-led and mis-informed.

Judith
Deposit, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2003 05:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/household-finance/frederick-maryland-21702/household-finance-corp-ripoff-misleading-information-judgmental-frederick-maryland-71741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content