Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Sat, October 25, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, October 25, 2008

• Reported By:Mercer Island Washington
IntlMove
16600 NW 54th Ave Miami Gardens, Florida U.S.A.

IntlMove Movers charged 3x the quote and took 3 times as long and lied about everything and were very rude 16600 NW 54th AveMiami Gardens Florida

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

In my entire life, I have never seen anything like this. Allow me to give some highlights. The initial quote for my move from California to London was $1795 and 6 weeks. In the end the charge was $4,281.51 and the move has taken 18 weeks.

They sent me two sets of bills for supposed overages. The first I paid without comment, but at the second I protested. I emailed them asking to explain why they kept wanting more money and when it would stop. They responded by only one week after their request for funds charging my $600 to store my belongings because they had to put my move on "hold" because I had not paid them. $600 for one week of storage!

They had all of my belongings and so I had very little bargaining power. All I can do is post reviews to sites like these to try to make sure no one has to go through this again.

The worst part of this is the unbelievable attitude that the staff has. They basically screamed at me if I was even a day late filling in some apparantly irrelevant paperwork, but took weeks to respond to me about where my stuff was. I have asked them repeatedly to let me speak to a manager about the egregious over-charges, but they have never gotten back to me.

Stay away from IntlMove.com!

Also, be sure to see this other review: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/188/ripoff0188742.htm

Ben m.
Mercer Island, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2008 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/intlmove/miami-gardens-florida-33014/intlmove-movers-charged-3x-the-quote-and-took-3-times-as-long-and-lied-about-everything-an-384746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IntlMove