Report: #1119739

• Kaplan University
    550 West Van Buren Street
    Chicago, Illinois
    USA

Kaplan University Kaplan did the exact same thing to me as they did to Karen who filed the former complaint against Kaplan. Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Comment: comment

My situation is just like Karen's.  My school loans are over $68,000. In addition to the school loans, Kaplan refuses to release my B.S. in Business degree until I actually pay them an additional $5,000. I was also told by the admission counselor the my student loans would be paid many my financial aid. when I was a student, I would always call the financial aid office to ensure that I was okay & that my classes were covered all the way up until 6 months before my completion of school. I was informed that my last semester was not covered because my financial aid ran out and then stuck me with an additional $5000.

I enrolled into the University At the age of 40 for self perseverance. At that time, I was debt free. There is no way I would have enrolled into a college knowing that I would end up with a $70,000 debt. Not to mention, 3 years after completing the school, I still don't have my degree because I don't have $5000 to pay them.  I've been paying the school $50/mo for 3 years and my balance is still $5000. If there is a class action lawsuit against Kaplan University, please include me as well.  Thanks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2014 07:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kaplan-university/chicago-illinois-60607/kaplan-university-kaplan-did-the-exact-same-thing-to-me-as-they-did-to-karen-who-filed-th-1119739. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

You don't have a legal leg to stand on.  It is YOUR responsibility to understand how student loans work. When you signed for them you were made aware of how much you were receiving so the $70,000 shouldn't come as a surprise.  Every semester you used more and more of your aid until it ran out before all your tuition was paid. So the remaining $5000 is your responsibility. No school will release transcripts until the bill is paid. That's standard.

Your best option at this point is to borrow the $5000, pay the bill, get your transcript, and try to find a job that will enable you to pay off the loans.