Complaint Review: Mcafee

• Mcafee

Internet
    United States of America

Mcafee Fraudulent charges and unscrupulous practices, Internet

A year ago my credit card number was stolen and used to purchase software downloaded from several sites, among them Mcafee. I called the credit card company (AmEx) and they cancelled the card and sent me anew one with a new number. At my request they also blocked charges from all these companies, including Mcafee. So imagine me surprise when last week I was again charged by Mcafee. I have never owned a PC and never purchased anything by Mcafee. I called AmEx to dispute the charge. Then I called Mcafee but they refused to help me unless I gave them a credit card number. No way. I wrote to several people in the company, including folks who are supposed to be in charge of consumer affairs and company ethics.

No reply from anyone. I called Mcafee again and this time the representative located "my account" through my name and phone number and said that I had signed up for automatic renewal. He gave me an email address "associated with my account" that was not mine nor had I heard of it. I demanded a refund. I was told I would have to give my credit card number. No way. How did Mcafee get the NEW credit card number and charge it EVEN THOUGH the company was blocked fro my account? According to AmEx they got around the block by charging it throguh a different company name. But they were also baffled about how they got a new credit card number.

Clearly this company is one to avoid at all costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2011 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mcafee/internet/mcafee-fraudulent-charges-and-unscrupulous-practices-internet-726790. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content