Complaint Review: Menards

3001 S Shirley Ave
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota
    United States of America

Menards Ripped Off On Returned Merchandise Sioux Falls, South Dakota

*Consumer Comment: Why is this a rip off?

Bought ton$ of stuff from Menards in the 15+ years of living in Sioux Falls. Owned and rehabbed 4 houses and 2 commercial buildings. Built a complete three car garage with all their stuff. And helped many friends - always used Menards.

When remodeling a kitchen, I purchased all new appliances and kitchen cabinets from them. They ordered all of it - prepaid of course. About nine grand. I ran into some family and legal problems in the interim and never picked the stuff up. Definitely not the right way on my part. They have (or had) a 30 month return policy (which I agree is lenient). I went in about 1-2 months over that and explained my problem. They said "No problem...happens more often than you'd think. We will take care of you."

What a joke. After jacking me around for months, the most I got out of them was the money back for the appliances and garage door openers. Much less than half of what I had paid. No store credit, no money less a restocking fee, nada for about $5000.00 dollars woth of stuff.

I hate Menards and if I can EVER keep anyone from buying there...I will do so. They suck and their manager Randy is a lying, dishonest man.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2013 07:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/menards/sioux-falls-south-dakota-57106/menards-ripped-off-on-returned-merchandise-sioux-falls-south-dakota-1045118. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Why is this a rip off?

AUTHOR: Cosmotron - ()

You were demanding a complete refund, minus the stocking fee due to your rational generosity? Is that actually what you were saying, or just one of the ways it could be interpreted? If the appliances were installed in your home, I am shocked anyone would refund a penny. If they were special ordered, it's obviously not a matter of simple restocking. There is both employee time at Menards as well as the supplier, items are manufactured to order, transportation costs, PLUS restock (if possible) etc.

It seems the appliances and cabinetry were special ordered. The appliances, if not already sitting on their show floor, would be a more difficult risk to resell. The cabinetry would be nearly impossible to resell even below Menards cost. Why should Menards be responsible for taking a loss whenever someone says they suddenly can't afford their purchase? Any business, large or small, has their own struggles to deal with. Why should other customers have to pay higher products prices to compensate for your problems??

So which of Menards competition will you be using now? In your liberal mindset, were you able to contemplate how that new retailer would handle your same circumstance? There's an excellent chance they would be less tolerant of your demands than Menards.

It's interesting as to how you emphasize your 'hate' towards someone that you expect should absorb your personal problems. Perhaps your attitude had nothing to do with the onslaught of the previous life challenges you've mentioned here, but you are well under way to perpetuating new problems all of your own accord (yet will continue to blame others for them). It is impossible for you yourself to extend the same compassion towards others, as you demand is given to you, as you are admittedly one willing to hate anyone that doesn't give you a hand out.

I've shopped all big box hardwares all my life, and still prefer Menards. I've had rare minor disappointments, but where on earth can you avoid them?  I call my new custom construction as my 'Menards house." No, I'm not a Menards employee. My daddy doesn't own the place either. If he did, I wouldn't be bothering with the 11% bounce back rebates.