Complaint Review: NETSPEND

• Reported By: Dislike_Getting_Ripped off — GILLETTE Wyoming USA
  • NETSPEND

Internet
    USA

NETSPEND Company wanting all of my personal information to activate a prepaid card Internet

1. I purchased a prepaid credit card so I could make a truck insurance payment.  I got home and called the 866 number to activate the card. The agent said some of the information was not correct. I said it was what I typed in their website.

2. I was then told that I had to send in a verification of my social security card and all other personal infofmation.

3. I then refused, saying that I did not know who they were, where they were physically located, if they were going to be in business tomorrow, and what are they doing with all that personal information.

4. I was then told I could cancel the account but wait 10 days for a check or have an Limited in store purchase.

5. I purchased this card to make a very important insurance payment for my truck.

6. I am extremely upset at the extortion tactics used by this company.

7. The Attorney General should look into this. This is a Walmart purchased item.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2017 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/netspend/internet/netspend-company-wanting-all-of-my-personal-information-to-activate-a-prepaid-card-intern-1385657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content