Complaint Review: ODesk

• ODesk

Internet
    United States of America

ODesk Deceptive Practices, Don't Support the customer , Internet

Had a contract with a person on odesk to design a webpage. I had provided detailed requirements, and made the contractor repeat the requirements back to me so I knew he understood what I was asking for.

Bottom line, I paid the contractor a milestone payment to release the work on my server so I could go through it, and the website did not comply with the requirements.

I asked for a refund, and the contractor refused. I filed a complaint with ODesk sine they are the ones I paid, and they processed the credit card and they are refusing to give me a refund, because they say they do not warrant the use of fixed price contracts on their system. This is the first time I have heard of this.

Buyer beware...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2013 07:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/odesk/internet/odesk-deceptive-practices-dont-support-the-customer-internet-1021436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content