Complaint Review: Preferred Long Distance

• Preferred Long Distance
    16830 Ventura Blvd Ste 350
    Encino, California
    United States of America

Preferred Long Distance Bait and Switch - Promised Savings - Cost nearly 2 times promised Encino, California

Received a call from this company.  Rep stated they were affiliated with Qwest to help small business owners save by bundling to get better rates.  They clearly stated the costs per line and per internet line.  20% to 30% savings off my bill.  I switched.  When their bill came the line charge was nearly twice what I was originally paying.

CHECK OUT ANYTHING THEY SAY - GET IT IN WRITING!!!

I tried to call regarding this - I received no response other than to have their rep swear at me and say I owed this bill and needed to pay it.  I wrote 2 letters, no response.

I did not pay the bill - went to an attorney - he wrote a letter and the bill amount was adjusted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2009 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/preferred-long-distance/encino-california-91436-1716/preferred-long-distance-bait-and-switch-promised-savings-cost-nearly-2-times-promised-543001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content