Complaint Review: Redbox

• Reported By: Daniel — Peoria Arizona USA
  • Redbox
    Internet
    United States of America

Redbox Redbox $1 DVD rentals Redbox scam. Charged $26 for a movie I rented and returned the next day. Internet

I rented a movie from a local Redbox kiosk. It was 'The Tale of Despereaux'. I returned it the next day and forgot about it. When I got my bank statement they showed a $26 fee from Redbox for not returning the movie.

I called Redbox. They said that they would send a technician out there and look for the movie in the box and I would get a  response in 7 - 10 days. The next day I received an email saying that they couldn't find the movie and the charges were justified.

There is nothing I can do at this point except warn other people.

It might not be so bad if I could at least now own the DVD, but I don't have it since I returned it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2009 09:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/redbox/internet/redbox-redbox-1-dvd-rentals-redbox-scam-charged-26-for-a-movie-i-rented-and-returned-th-496091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content