Complaint Review: shopgoodwill.com

• Submitted: Sat, August 25, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 31, 2012
  • Reported By: gjojo — Seattle Des Moines Tacoma Washington United States of America
  • shopgoodwill.com

Des Moines/Tacoma, Washington
    United States of America

shopgoodwill.com shopgoodwill follow up on my complaint in re shopgoodwill.com FRAUD on their "shopgoodwill.com" on-line auction! Blatant shill bidding! Internet Des Moines/Tacoma, Washington

*Consumer Comment: Shopgoodwill and abnormally high auction prices

This is a follow up report on my original complaint see title:  "shopgoodwill.com FRAUD on their "shopgoodwill.com" on-line auction! Blatant shill bidding! Internet".

I can't believe this!  It happened again, as almost every time I win one of their auctions. this time, I won 2 auctions from Tacoma, WA.  I instructed them to send it to the Des Moines, WA store.  I hoped this time, they wouldn't get everything screwed up as far as loosing my order.

I won the auction back in June 2012, paid for it immediately at auction close.  They NEVER contacted me (as usual) - on top of that, on their website it showed that it was an "Open Item"!! Emailing them does NO GOOD, you just get a canned msg back.  So I called the Tacoma store, and relayed all of this info to someone.  I was told they'd track it down & send it to the Des Moines store.  Now it shows as "Shipped 8/10/2012)"!!  Here it is August 25th and no word. Are you kidding me 2 1/2 MONTHS and I still haven't received my auction items and NO phone calls from them. WTH?!!

This is the absolute last time I am doing business w/those people!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2012 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/shopgoodwillcom/des-moinestacoma-washington-/shopgoodwillcom-shopgoodwill-follow-up-on-my-complaint-in-re-shopgoodwillcom-fraud-on-th-932628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Shopgoodwill and abnormally high auction prices

AUTHOR: itchyspot - (United States of America)

I'm a watch collector and for the life of me I cannot figure how a $400 (tops) watch can sell on Goodwill for $2400 dollars see link  http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=12143706 You can get this watch "all day long" at Ebay or online retailers for $500 or less and with a Warranty in many cases. Mind you that this watch is Gold Plated and not solid gold and even if it was solid gold it can be purchased for much less than $2400. I have been seeing this trend in the GOODWILL auctions specially with watches and it does not make any sense. There is certainly something that is not right here and I'm being conservative in my statement.