Complaint Review: Smart Travel Incentives

• Smart Travel Incentives
    801 International Pkwy
    Lake Mary, Florida
    United States of America

Smart Travel Incentives Sham promise of free airfare and car rental Lake Mary, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Usually no one claims this travel is free

*UPDATE Employee: Discounted Travel

With the promise of vouchers for "free" airfare for 2 to anywhere in the continental United States, a 2 night hotel stay and 3 day car rental with only a $50/person fee, I attended a 90 minute sales pitch for Global Exchange Vacation Club. I had the same experience as others- more fees required, and so many fine print requirements and hoops to jump through. It was a total SHAM. Do not deal with either one of these companies. I'm just grateful I only wasted a couple hours of my time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2012 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/smart-travel-incentives/lake-mary-florida-32746/smart-travel-incentives-sham-promise-of-free-airfare-and-car-rental-lake-mary-florida-904164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Usually no one claims this travel is free

AUTHOR: Pete - (United States of America)

I just received such an invitation, attended the "meeting" and received the activation form. The original invitation card did not say this trip is free - just said I am entitled to 2 round trip plane tickets. Reading the fine print, it will cost me $225 plus taxes and fees (I assume imposed by airline). Florida law 559.933 requires them to refund the activation fee if they don't deliver the tickets, so I feel ok trying this. I will be retired by the time we take this trip, so we will be pretty flexible and I don't think the risk is very high.

One caution, the BBB gives them a C- , but at least they are on the BBB, while other similar companies are totally unknown. I'm going in with my eyes wide open.

Discounted Travel

AUTHOR: Smart Travel - (United States of America)

Dear Rose,

I am sorry you were disappointed with our travel voucher. We try to make the terms and conditions as clear and simple as possible. I understand there is quite a bit of them but we do have to try and cover all scenarios upfront so that you understand what you are required to do/receive, and how/what we will provide. Our vouchers are not for free travel and do no state they are anywhere on them. We offer discounted travel to our customers at an average savings of 40% - 60% of rack rates. Smart Travel is not a scam and we travel many customers on a daily basis. I am sorry you chose not to activate our voucher so that we could have traveled you too.

Regards,