Complaint Review: Sony

• Reported By: anonymous — Corona California USA
  • Sony

Corona, California
    United States of America

Sony Sona USA, Sony Corporation of America Persistent delay/refusal to refund credit for a part whose return delivery through UPS was CONFIRMED Corona, California

*Author of original report: Refund finally received

I ordered a replacement lamp for our tv through Sony's website in late August 2010, whereupon receipt I learned I had ordered the wrong part.  After speaking with Sony customer service, I was advised to return the part, which I did through UPS in early September.  I also purchased the proper part over the telephone.

The new part was received more than a month later, but the promised refund was never credited to my account.  I have spoken with them many times over the months about the credit.  Several times I was told that they were in the process of upgrading or replacing some computer system, and that is why things were delayed.  My credit information was taken on at least four separate occasions, each time with the promise that I would see the credit deposited into my account with 7-10 business days.

At one point, I was told that the credit had been processed.  I refuted the charge, and after looking into the matter they apparently agreed because my credit card information was taken yet again.  I was told, yet again, that the credit request was being forwarded and that I should wait another 7-10 business days.

Sure enough, two weeks later, no credit.  I called again and was told that the credit had been forwarded but not approved, and that a Sony representative would call me back with 72 business hours.  No call.  I am quite fed up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2011 02:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sony/corona-california-/sony-sona-usa-sony-corporation-of-america-persistent-delayrefusal-to-refund-credit-for-a-702717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Refund finally received

AUTHOR: anonymous - (USA)

I called Sony again at 3:55 pm on 3/11/11 and spoke with another customer representative.  There was no update on the previous credit authorization last discussed on 2/28/11.

The customer representative ultimately issued a new credit authorization number and assigned a callback, saying that I would be called by them once the credit was approved and/or went through.  When I asked when I could expect that call, he was only able to say "next week."

He asked for my credit card information again.  I expressed my frustrations with the company and the long, drawn-out process this has been.   It has been long enough that the card originally used to make the purchase has expired. This will make the 5th time I have given them a credit card number, with the same lack of results each time.

I did ask if the fact that the original card was expired would be a problem and after checking, he said they could take a different card number.  I used the same card number as before, with the only difference being the expiration date.

This customer rep. gave me his word and his representative ID number that the situation would be resolved this time.  Before ending the call, I informed him that I had filed a report here at Ripoff
Report, which be updated for as long as required; he did not ask for the report number or a copy.

The following Monday, at about 9 am, I received a call from Sony saying that the credit had been approved and would be going through within 7-10 business days.

The refund finally appeared in my account yesterday.  This situation is now finally resolved!