Report: #1371999

Complaint Review: SOUTHWEST AIRLINES

• Submitted: Mon, May 08, 2017
  • Updated: Mon, May 08, 2017
  • Reported By: Dave — COMMACK New York U.S.A.
  • SOUTHWEST AIRLINES
    2702 LOVE FIELD
    DALLAS, Texas
    USA

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES VIOLATION OF UNFAIR AND DECEPTIVE PRACTICES ACT DALLAS Texas

It is my understanding that Southwest was fined $100,000 on or about May 29, 2014 for violating the Unfair and Deceptive Practices Act by DOT.

The reason they were fined by DOT is because they did not set aside enough seats at the advertised price. I also believe they did not set aside enough seats for Rapid Rewards customers that would be using points to pay for their tickets.

To date they have done nothing to compensate me by restoring my rewards points without charging me.  The only offer I had from them was for me to have to pay $50 per round trip ticket that was in my rapid rewards account. 4 round trip tickets equates to $200 out of my pocket. Why should I pay that that? Southwest should restore these tickets to my account at their expense not mine since their  company broke the law.

The following is a summary of the problems I had:

I am writing to complain about the way I have been treated as a customer.
I had several thousand rapid rewards points that were transferred to
 them over 2 years from American Express.

There were also times where I was only able to book the departing flight but not the return flight unless I paid for the return trip. This is nonsense!!!!!

THAT IS FRAUD AND BAIT AND SWITCH AND IS AGAINST FEDERAL AND STATE LAW!!!!!!

SEE THE LINK BELOW WHICH DISCUSSES THE DOT COMPLAINT DATED: MAY 29, 2014

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2017 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/southwest-airlines/dallas-texas-75235/southwest-airlines-violation-of-unfair-and-deceptive-practices-act-dallas-texas-1371999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content