Complaint Review: Thrifty Car Rental

• Thrifty Car Rental
    Sky Harbor Airport, Phoenix, AZ
    Phoenix, Arizona
    United States of America

Thrifty Car Rental Ripped off and overcharged on a simple rental vehicle Phoenix , Arizona

I arrived in Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport and needed to rent a car for the weekend. This rip off actually took place some years ago. I want to write this so that people reading this will not rent from Thrifty anymore.

I was told by the rental agent that because I was using a Bank Card with Visa that they would charge me 250$ more and then return the money into my account. I signed the form and then when I returned the car in perfect condition, they did not return any of the money. I went to the Arizona Better Business Bureau with the complaint, but they did nothing for me. The company refused to listen to my plea, and so it cost me around 500$ to rent a small vehicle for the weekend. Beware of Thrifty because they are shifty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2011 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/thrifty-car-rental/phoenix-arizona-/thrifty-car-rental-ripped-off-and-overcharged-on-a-simple-rental-vehicle-phoenix-arizon-796254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content