Complaint Review: Tiger Direct

• Reported By: San Antonio Texas
  • Tiger Direct
    7795 W Flagler St. Suite 35
    Miami, Florida

Tiger Direct - Onrebate.com rebate ripoff deliberate deception unavailable rebate Miami Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Help with your rebate

Using a debit card, I made an online purchase of a hard drive. This drive was cost $79 and was represented as having two $20 rebates, with final cost of $39.
When I tried to apply for one of these rebates at onrebate.com the site refused to accept my purchase number as valid. I called customer support and was told: in 24 hours onrebate.com will have that number and your application will succeed. I was also promised that I could cancel my order if this did turn out well.
After more than 30 hours I tried again at onrebate.com. My purchase order was rejected again. I called TigerDirect again and the person said "Yes, it's terrible. Onrebate.com is just awful. You are not going to get the rebate and you can't cancel your order - it's too late." When I asked him if TigerDirect did this deliberately he said "Yes, I think so - happens all the time."

Roy
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2007 04:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tiger-direct/miami-florida-33144/tiger-direct-onrebatecom-rebate-ripoff-deliberate-deception-unavailable-rebate-miami-fl-232260. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Help with your rebate

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer:

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and if the issue has not yet been resolved, I would be glad to assist you. To begin, please email me at alex@help.tigerdirect.com with your Tiger Direct order number in the subject line, as well as a brief summary of your rebate situation in the body of your email. If you have your rebate tracking number(s), you can include that also. Your issue will be researched, and we look forward to resolving it for you as promptly as possible.

Sincerely,