Complaint Review: US Bank

• US Bank

Internet
    USA

US Bank This Bank Lied to Me about Fees Internet

I maintained a checking and savings account with US Bank for quite a while but decided to close both the checking and savings account when I realized that I could earn interest at another institution.

I called the 1-800 number with this intention. Instead, the person on the phone convinced me to just close the checking account and keep the savings account open because the savings account would have no fees associated.

Then, I got a notice in the mail a couple of weeks ago stating that my savings account had been overdrawn by $37.96 due to two separate monthly maintenance fees and a $30 closure fee for closing the account.

Additionally, they are threatening to put this on my credit report.

I am attempting to reach the department that handles this, but every time I am transferred I get disconnected.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2016 06:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/us-bank/internet/us-bank-this-bank-lied-to-me-about-fees-internet-1339541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content