Complaint Review: Verizon wireless

• Reported By: Veruser — Moorestown New Jersey
  • Verizon wireless

Nationwide
    USA

Verizon wireless Jetpack/Mifi huge data overcharges Mt. Laurel, New Jersey Nationwide

In April 2014 I had gone to a verizon store in Mt. Laurel NJ, on an unrelated matter and the salesman showed me the latest jetpack MIFI device, explaining how it's very fast using the latest technology and will cost nothing since the cost is rebated by mail. Even though I already had verizon DSL which was very satisfactory and reasonable I succumbed and bought this new gadget.

Two months later I recived the fist full use bill to the amount of $664.02, because I had used 43 gigabytes of data instead of the allowed 8 gigs. I run a small business from home and use the internet for very limited common uses such as email and reading news. I do not use it for downloading any movies or music or games. The only major use perhaps is Carbonite, a cloud-bases backup service which runs mostly at night to backup my important files.

In contrast to MIFI, DSL costs only anout $40/month with unlimited data. These exorbitant charges were not explained by the salesman, and I feel I was deceived and sold a bill of goods under false pretenses.

I have since cancelled this service, but I'm still liable for the charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2014 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/verizon-wireless/nationwide/verizon-wireless-jetpackmifi-huge-data-overcharges-mt-laurel-new-jerseynbspnationwid-1156486. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content