Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Fri, April 03, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 03, 2009

• Reported By:Everett Massachusetts
Yellowbook USA
King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Yellowbook USA Cancellation is impossible...customer for life! King Of Prussia Pennsylvania

RE: Yellowbook, USA
March 31, 2009

Upon completion of our initial contract with Yellowbook in 2003, we had renewed for a couple of years. After several years of no marketing response from the ads we placed, we called our representative to cancel the account.

They instead showed up at our business and barged in during classes, insisting we downgrade the ad instead, which we did. Taking "NO' for an answer is not in their vocabulary.

Again, after another year of no responses from our ad, we notified Yellowbook of our desire to cancel any and all future publications. Verbal notification apparently was not enough. I then received another proof for renewal. I mailed back the proof, with CANCEL written on it, conveniently enough, Yellowbook said they had not received it.

We were also told by our representative that the online portion of our account could be cancelled at anytime. Again, when we called to do this, we were told that it was an impossibility.

I called several times to dispute the bill and was told that I cancelled incorrectly or not in time, that they had no record of my cancellation, and there was no record of my calling previously.

I asked to see a copy of my contract at the very least, which I never received.

**I have not received any phone or notification prior to an attorney letter this week. We, as a small business, stuck with Yellowbook for a reasonable enough time to give their marketing a chance.

We then cancelled when their ads were found useless. They continued to bully us in person by sending representatives to our business week after week and by telephone. I am extremely disappointed in this entire matter. I guess there is no longer truth in advertising.

Chaku57
Everett, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2009 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/yellowbook-usa/king-of-prussia-pennsylvania-19406-2673/yellowbook-usa-cancellation-is-impossiblecustomer-for-life-king-of-prussia-pennsylvani-440571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yellowbook USA