X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: American Cash Machine - St Petersburg Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: silverado California
  • American Cash Machine 3008 22nd Ave S St Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

American Cash Machine fraud and acct #s used in fraud St Petersburg Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Rick in Silverado CA Blamed the wrong Company for his customers problems

my customers using ACM (American Cash Machine) cash transfers had acct #s stolen and purchases made. Called ACM told was cleared up, then two months later the same thing starts agian. Both times I was told it must be my customers using there cards and having them stolen in states where they have not been. It appears to me like ACM likes to blame the customers for there shortfall in security. Further more at this point ACM has stopped taking or returning my calls And I have contacted the FBI

Rick in california
silverado, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2008 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-cash-machine/st-petersburg-florida-33712/american-cash-machine-fraud-and-acct-s-used-in-fraud-st-petersburg-florida-404743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author

Silverado Canyon Market
28192 Silverado Canyon Road
Silverado, CA 92676

Mr. Tallant,

I have enclosed two recent MSNBC articles related to Credit and Debit card fraud. Similar stories have appeared in USA Today and all national newspapers. Heartland Payment Systems, a processor used by the banks who issued cards , reported a major breach resulting in stolen card data.

As I had suggested to you, the banks issuing your customers cards had a processor who more likely was the source of the breach.

During December 2008. At that time you stated you had several customers, who had experienced fraudulent transactions on the cards used at your business.

I explained that the problem did not exist within our center. At that time, I did provide you:

A nationally published article which detailed that stolen card information was being reported across the nation. In many cases, it was at gas stations.
You requested a replacement terminal, and although I knew it had no bearing on your customers issues, I did send you one.
I included a letter on ACM letterhead for you to show your customers along with the above described article.

Your next contact with us was a message you left with our answering service. In that message you became abusive and stated that I am going to drive over the terminal with my car.

You then proceeded to post the enclosed on RipOff Report.

I can share your frustration with the matter. However, we went through every practical accommodation to assist you. Leaving messages is one thing, but to slander our company in the manner you choose is simply wrong.

At this time, we are requesting the immediate return of the terminal in you possession. I have enclosed a prepaid UPS label for its shipping.

This terminal is the property of an independent investor, as the following will explain.

Non return of the equipment becomes a legal issue. At this time, we need to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
Prior to June 18, 2002, your ATM Scrip terminal was processed by US Cash. They terminated business in 2002. The terminal located within your business was purchased by an investor, who in turn purchased it from US Cash.

The actual owner of your equipment, Mr. Marshall Buckalew, requested that American Cash Machine assume processing of your terminal. You were contacted regarding the change and on June 18, 2002 your terminal was downloaded and American Cash Machine began processing your transactions.

On March 21, 2005 you requested a replacement terminal, which was promptly sent.

Yours truly,