X  |  CLOSE

• Updated:
  • Reported By: Very Happy Porsche Guy — Palm Bay United States
  • Automotion an Eckler's Company

United States

Automotion an Eckler's Company They sold the Porsche aftermarket parts company to a British company called Rose Passion.

WELCOME PORSCHE OWNERS!  Greeted you when your opened their latest/current catalog in 2017.

Automotion was a Porsche aftermarket parts warehouse for longer than memory.  My first Porsche, a 356, was purchased in 1973.  I had been purchasing Porsche parts and accessories from them since then.  Sometime in the mid-1990's or 2000's they were purchased by Chevrolet Corvette parts house Eckler's Corvette Parts in Titusville, Florida.  They seemed to ramp up production, expanding the Porsche parts base.  They purchased a large well-known Porsche aftermarket firm called Performance Products.  Other than the Porsche factory these were the two largest Porsche aftermarket parts houses in the U.S.

While things seemed to be progressing very well, last year I made a visit to their warehouse in Titusville, Florida.  I was looking for about a twenty parts of various types for both my Porsche 911 Carrera, as well as, my 356 Porsche that is just finishing full restoration.  The total cost would be in the hundreds of dollars.  It was indicated to me, by the counter person, who said "You didn't hear it here"  that Eckler's was getting out of the Porsche aftermarket parts business.

I persued the story with upper management to no avail and no return phone calls.  All I wanted was a name of the company that they were selling to so I could possibly use them.  Last week I tried to purchase a small amount of parts and found out that Eckler's is out of the Porsche aftermarket parts business.

People at Eckler's would not comment, and then I tracked down a statement from Eckler's that they were selling the Porsche division to a firm called Rose Passion.  I followed up with Rose Passion on the WEB to find out that they are a British company that does not do business with the U.S. for logistical reasons,

I am not going to persue Eckler's Automotion and it's strange way of doing business and supporting long time good customers, but I would caution any Corvette or GM product customer to check them out.  According to their reports on the Internet they are treating GM customers as poorley as Porsche owners.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2019 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/automotion-an-ecklers-company/-/automotion-an-ecklers-company-they-sold-the-porsche-aftermarket-parts-company-to-a-briti-1471038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content