Complaint Review: Cares - Hanger Orthopedic Group - Internet

• Reported By: Anonymous — Dallas Texas United States of America
  • Cares - Hanger Orthopedic Group

Internet
    United States of America

Cares - Hanger Orthopedic Group Scam - In collusion with hospitals to provide unnecessary medical equipment that insurance will not pay for Internet

I fell off a ladder and slightly twisted my right ankle and as a precaution I went to the emergency room.  The doctor examined me and took x-rays and found nothing wrong with my ankle, however the doctor prescribed crutches and a large plastic boot that I did not need.  I used the boot and crutches to walk from the emergency room door to the waiting car (about 50 feet) and that was it.  Now they are in my closet taking up space.

I believe that Cares has partnered with hospitals and care providers to supply unnecessary medical equipment and is profiting from this practice.  In addition, Cares is sloppy in their accounting and customer service and will immediately send you to collections rather than fix their own incompetent mistakes.

A couple of weeks ago I get a call from a lady at this company called Cares asking if I had any intention of paying my bill of $200.00.  I had no idea what she was even talking about because I had never received a bill from Cares.  She said she could take a payment over the phone, my first thought was that this was a scam, someone trying to get my credit card information.  When I inquired further she said if was for crutches.

Here is a rundown of that conversation:
1. I told her I had insurance
2. I asked her to repeat my home address, when she did it was totally incorrect
3. I asked her to repeat my name, it to was incorrect.
4. I asked her to correct the information and send me the bill at which time I would get my my insurance.
5. She indicated she had corrected the information and sent out an invoice.

I never received an invoice from these people and now they've sent me to collections and I'm receieving calls every day.  I will not even consider paying any bill until these scammers get their act together and send me a bill.

I am sick and tired of these companies threatening consumers credit when they are just as bad if not worse than the consumer.  Thank god this web site exists so people can shed light of non-sense like this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cares-hanger-orthopedic-group/internet/cares-hanger-orthopedic-group-scam-in-collusion-with-hospitals-to-provide-unnecessary-933867. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content