This site uses cookies to store information on your computer which may track your browsing behavior on our site and provide you with ads or other offers that may be relevant to you. Some are essential to make our site work; others help us improve the user experience. Read our Privacy Policy to learn more. Further, effective 5/24/2018 due to GDPR, citizens of any GDPR applicable country are prohibited from using this site. Read our Terms of Service to learn more.By using our site you understand and agree to these terms.

Complaint Review: Countrywide Home Loans

• Submitted: Mon, April 17, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, April 17, 2006
  • Reported By: garland Texas
  • Countrywide Home Loans
    4500 Park Granada
    Calabasas, California

Countrywide Home Loans RIPOFF TRYING TO STEAL MY HOME AND MONEY FRAUDS Calabasas California

Countrywide sent a certified letter to me stating that they were foreclosing on my home. I called their customer service line and was told that they could not share any information with me or give proof of their claim that I supposedly missed 5 payments. They then referred me to Barret Burke Wilson Castle Daffin & Frappier, their attorneys. These guys are no help either. They keep faxing me reinstatement calculations that only state that we missed 5 payments and payment instructions. I wrote them a formal request for a statement showing the specific months we had supposedly missed because I have copies of cleared checks from the bank. They refuse to specify in writing what months were missed but over the phone they claim that December through April were not paid. My house is set to be sold at a foreclosure auction on May 2 so they are obviously trying to drag out the process and take my home. How can this legally happen? Is Countrywide such a big company that they are above the law and can just do what they please? If anyone found a resolution please let me know. I have contacted local news channels and today I am meeting with an attorney who hopefully can help me. We have to get the word out about these frauds. Call your congressman, tv stations, ANYONE!

Michael
garland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2006 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/countrywide-home-loans/calabasas-california-91302/countrywide-home-loans-ripoff-trying-to-steal-my-home-and-money-frauds-calabasas-californi-187073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content