Complaint Review: Furniture From Home - Costa Mesa, CA. 92 California

• Furniture From Home
    1041 W. 18th Street Suite A203, Costa Mesa, CA. 92
    Costa Mesa, CA. 92, California
    United States of America

Furniture From Home www.furniturefromhome.com misrepresented furniture, sold low quality furniture Costa Mesa, CA. 92, California

*UPDATE Employee: We would love to help

Was told furniture was made of hazelwood.  Its not.  It is made of soft wood that chips easily and has a fake hazelwood finish.

Was told furniture was madee in Malaysia.  Its not.  It says "made in China" on the back.

All hinges broke and was sold new ones for $10 each.  Huge rip off for cheap Chineese hinges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2013 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/furniture-from-home/costa-mesa-ca-92-california-92627/furniture-from-home-wwwfurniturefromhomecom-misrepresented-furniture-sold-low-quality-f-1015676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

We would love to help

AUTHOR: FFH Employee - ()

Writing this on my iPhone... So bare with the embarrassing auto corrections!

I'd like to start with sincere apologies about your user experience.  And I'd like to invite you to contact our service manager directly at service@furniturefromhome.com.

As an employee of ffh for over five years i would consider the company to be a customer centric one.  I witness on a daily basis where the company goes over and beyond (as we should... for our often time very large orders) for customers.

the policy behind parts is like this:within one year of receipt, free parts replacement.   Generally speaking actual customers get free parts (including shipping) after a years time.  On the flip side, simply put, if the manager in charge decides that the customer is taking advantage or is in need of parts due to gross negligence (such as all hinges on all drawers needing to be replaced at the same time) accompanied with a spiteful, demeoning, rude or a abnoxious attitude, it's ultimately up to the manager whether or not to offer free part replacement.  (Keep in mind this is after the one year grace period.). Within the first year parts replacement is free.  This policy is not just based on goodwill... it just makes good business sense to take care of good customers!!

as to the complaint about hazel wood...that is very strange.  I still have a lot to learn, but I've not heard of hazel wood as a wood used on large furniture. I can't picture one of my coworkers knowingly misleading you.  I invite you to call and discuss this matter further.  Service is important to us... And maintaining a stellar reputation online is also important to us, given the opportunity we would like to make it right!

The bottom line for us is this:

free parts replacement for one year.

I do not think any of our furniture is made with hazel wood.

As far as I can tell (5 years with this company) we do care that you have an excellent experience with us...