Complaint Review: FWM Laboratories ,"Acai Berry Detox" - Hollywood Florida

• Submitted: Fri, January 16, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 16, 2009
  • Reported By: unknown city Other
  • FWM Laboratories ,"Acai Berry Detox"

Hollywood, Florida

FMW Laboratories, "Acai Berry Detox"FWM Laboratories Dba "Acai Berry Detox" Caveat Emptor Buyer Beware Hollywood Florida

I totally agree with all of the reports that have been written about this company concerning its ripoff scam and questionable moral character. Fraudulent is putting it mildly. It is an example of white collar crime at its most insidious.

This company should definitely be shut down and the individuals and/or corporate entity who owns it should be held accountable. The sad truth, however, is that if it is shut down by any legal authority charged with that responsibility (e.g. the Attorney General, the FTC, the FCC, etc.), it will most likely just resurface or reinvent itself under a new name. That is what rip-off artists do.

I was redirected to this company's website from another website and after reading the introduction and testimonials, thought that it would not hurt to give the "free" trial a try, particularly since I was lead to believe that I only needed to pay $3.95 for shipping and handling to "try" the product (one bottle of Acai berry pills). But hurt it did. The website also misleads the public into thinking it is being endorsed by Oprah and her guru, Dr. Oz. The website goes on to list various other media affiliations.

But for the attentiveness and alertness of my bank, this company would have stolen $87.14 from my personal account. I am very proud of my bank for its quick action. I was immediately alerted by the bank's fraud department, the charge was denied, and the company's ability to continue charging my account has been taken care of.

To say the least, I am outraged by what I consider to be this company's unethical behavior with regard to me. Although I am legally trained and consider myself to always be cautious and alert to such schemes, I bit into this forbidden fruit. If I could be so easily taken for a quick and unsuspecting ride, so could a layperson who may not be as suspicious as I usually am.

In addition to possibly breaking many federal laws, it has possibly violated numerous states' Deceptive Trade Practices Acts. Until legal authorities reach deeply into the pockets of companies and their individual operators intent on defrauding the public (as they have most assuredly reached into our "the public's" pockets), they will feel no pain and continue to rob the unfortunate visitors to their websites.

Oprah should find out who the actual owner of this business is and sue them for using her "likeness" or have them appear on her show to explain themselves about how they do business. We, the public, would like to put a face on who we are having to deal with.

Res Ipsa
unknown city
Western Sahara

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2009 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fwm-laboratories-acai-berry-detox/hollywood-florida-33020/fmw-laboratories-acai-berry-detoxfwm-laboratories-dba-acai-berry-detox-caveat-emptor-412853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content