X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Geauga Drilling and Supply - Novelty Ohio

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Mark — Chagrin Falls Ohio USA
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Geauga Drilling and Supply 8999 Fairmount Rd. Novelty, Ohio USA

Geauga Drilling and Supply Bad Business Practice Novelty Ohio

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Geauga Drilling & Supply Bad Business Practice Novelty, Ohio

I asked this guy to stop by if he was in the neighborhood to check my system. Long story short, he comes over never quoting a price. I offer him gas money, he said no. Next thing I know I get a bill for $95.00 for 10 min. of work of which I supplied the hose and helped with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2015 05:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/geauga-drilling-and-supply/novelty-ohio-44072/geauga-drilling-and-supply-bad-business-practice-novelty-ohio-1262026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Geauga Drilling & Supply Bad Business Practice Novelty, Ohio

AUTHOR: William Blaschke - (United States)

POSTED: Saturday, March 31, 2018

The client, Mark, called us and was complaining about low water pressure in his home.  What he has not shared in his complaint was that our normal practice is to counsel clients over the phone and attempt to resolve often simple problems on their own, avoiding the cost of a Service Call, which was disclosed during the intial call.

For those who do not  know what that is, a Service Call is a charge for a technician and a fully stocked service vehicle to come to your property.  The call charge covers those things and also fuel, labor, dirve time, coming and going & insurance etc.  Most companys like ours include all those things up to one (1) hour of our time.  Whether the job takes five minutes or sixty minutes the costs to make the call are the same.

Mark, the client, waved that information and insisted that we come to his property.  He instructed that we should call first which I did at least ten (10) times, leaving voice mails, over a two week period.  I did reach his wife one time, but even with the fact that our truck is marked with our company name and that I offered to show ID, she would not let me into the home.  So I asked her to have her husband call me instead.  A week later he did call, we arranged a time to meet and I went to his home which is a twentyfive (25) minute drive, one way.

As I suspected, the problem was simple.  Something Mark could have easily done himself, for free, and that I had previously counseled him about during his intial phone call.

When I was leaving, Mark seemed very happy with the results and even offered me, for free, a brand new, albeit non fuctioning/not repairable refrigerator if I would haul it away.  I declined.

We sent Mark a bill for $95.00, which at the time was the cost of a Service Call.  He called our office shrieking and screaming at me over the phone that he would not pay the charge, but offered $25.00 instead.  He did pay that initially via the mail and then showed up, unannoucned at my home with the balance, after which he made this bogus complaint.

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair