Complaint Review: Michael McQuilkin

• Reported By: Rohnert Park California
  • Michael McQuilkin
    Rohnert Park, California

Michael McQuilkin Piano salesman and tuner Rohnert Park California

I hired this piano tuner for $125 to tune my older piano, which had not been tuned for 2 years. He spent less than 20 minutes and spent the whole time trying to get me to buy a piano from him. The piano was out of tune within a few days, I had him come back, and it went out of tune again. I had to hire a piano technician to come out. He said nothing was wrong with the piano, it was just not properly tuned, and the minimal repairs that a tuner usually does were not performed.

He would not give me my money back. Fortunately I did not buy a piano from him, because I learned later from a very close friend that she was cheated. ALso, I know many piano students at the Junior College where he maintains the pianos, and they are all poorly maintained and out of tune. The digital Yamahas in the piano classroom are all defective, and when I attended a concert at the Junior College, the Steinway grand was clearly striking double notes and in bad maintenance.

Rohnert Park, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2009 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content